Installing HP Scan and Capture
HP Scan and Capture is not installed by default, but it is easy to get.
- Click on the Start menu and type "Store"
- Open the Microsoft Store app.
- Click the "Search" option in the upper right.
- Type "HP Scan" and select HP Scan and Capture from the list. (Will have a butterfly logo)
- Click the "Get" button.
- When asked about using the app across devices, click "No, thanks".
- The HP Scan app will download and install automatically. Wait for that process to complete.
- Close the Microsoft Store app.
Using HP Scan
Opening HP Scan
- Click on the Start menu.
- Locate the "HP Scan and Capture" app (or type "hp scan" to search for it) and open it.
If this is the first time you've used HP Scan, you should be prompted to select your printer. Click the "Settings Menu" button when prompted, and proceed to the following steps:
- Click the "Select Device" button from the settings menu.
- There should only be one choice available to select. Choose the Hewlett Packard M225 printer.
- Back at the settings screen, click the "Preferences" option, then press the "change default folder" button at the bottom of the menu, below the "For Documents" header.
- Navigate to your Downloads folder and click the "Select Folder" button. (We recommend using the Downloads folder as your scanning location so it's easy to find your scans.)
- Click "Capture Documents"
- Scanning will begin immediately after pressing the "Capture Documents" button.
- Documents in the feeder tray will be preferred, but if empty the printer will automatically switch to the flatbed.
- PDF is the default document format. This can be changed in the "Document Scan Options" panel off the main settings menu.
- Click the "Save" button to name your file. Please assign a unique file name or previous scans will be appended to/overwritten. Additional pages can be scanned and appended to a current scan job before clicking "Save" if desired.