Installing Windows Scan
Windows Scan is not installed by default, but it is easy to get.
- Click on the Start menu and type "Store"
- Open the Microsoft Store app.
- Click the "Search" option in the upper right.
- Type "Scan" and select Windows Scan from the list.
- Click the "Get" button.
- When asked about using the app across devices, click "No, thanks".
- The Windows Scan app will download and install automatically. Wait for that process to complete.
- Close the Microsoft Store app.
Using Windows Scan
Opening Windows Scan
- Click on the Start menu.
- Locate the "Scan" app (or type "scan" to search for it) and open it.
- The app should automatically find your HP MFP M225dw scanner.
If this is the first time you've used Scan, be sure to set your default page size and scanning destination.
- Click the "Show more" blue link.
- Under "Page size," select "Letter."
- Click on the "Scan" item in the "Save file to" section.
- Navigate to your Downloads folder and click the "Select Folder" button. (We recommend using the Downloads folder as your scanning location so it's easy to find your scans.)
- Choose the source:
- Flatbed: Scans documents placed directly on the scanners glass. Only one page can be scanned at a time.
- Feeder: Scans documents placed in the sheet feeder. Multiple pages can be scanned at once.
- Choose the file type:
- JPEG: Best for images and photos.
- PDF: Best for documents, and required for saving multiple pages to a single file.
- Click the "Scan" button.